Monday, November 7, 2011

Kashi Granola Bars Yummy Healthy Snacks

Hero

First off I have to say  granola and dark chocolate!  Seriously though if you are looking for a healthy snack that hits that craving for chocolate Kashi TLC bars are an awesome way to do that.  We were able to share these treats with my Homeschool Mom's group as well as some other friends thanks to a wonderful program from MomsMeet.  Dark Chocolate, granola and Peanuts together are a heavenly combination. My boys would rather it be milk chocolate but aren't too picky when it comes to a treat.

If you are looking for a snack treat that isn't lacking in fiber and protein , then Kashi TLC bars are a great snack. The overall value of the bars in a nutritional look covers a wide variety of needs while satisfying the cravings for sweet treats.   I love it when I can find a treat that my oldest likes that has protein and more than 100 calories. He is a very active child and seems to have a crazy fast metabolism so I try and find protein snacks that still have some sugars and fiber in them. At 130 calories and 4 grams of protein the Kashi bars give him enough calories and just enough protein without overloading his system.  

My Homeschool Mom's group was a mix of reviews regarding the bars. A couple of the moms have nut allergy kids so that won't work for them, but a couple of the other moms have husbands that enjoy a snack bar as well as the convenience of a snack bar that they can through in their purses.  I have to agree with the convenience factor. I love to have snacks in my purse for not only the boys but also for Mommy, chasing 2 boys takes a lot of energy and having healthier snacks in my purse is so much better than stopping at a fast food restaurant.

We also received a box of Kashi Cereal Snack bars to try and while I thought they were great , my boys were not as found of them.  Again it was nice to toss a bar in my purse and have available during the day for a quick fix, another great healthy snack.

Finally in our box of Kashi Goodies was a box  of Kashi  whole wheat biscuit cinnamon harvest cereal to try. My husband and I both enjoyed it as a change from the usual sugary cereals. The flavor wasn't so over powering and made it a nice light breakfast.   currently they have a $1.00
off coupon on the website



***I received samples of Kashi products as a member of Moms Meet in exchange for sharing with my Mom's group and reviewing with an honest opinion. No other monetary compensation was received and all opinions shared are that of the author.****

No comments:

Post a Comment