Friday, February 10, 2012

Week night dinner made special with soup

I usually keep weeknight dinners simple, but also I want meals together to be special.
Last week I grilled chicken on the BBQ and wanted something a little different to go with it so I made bean soup.
When I started I wasn't 100% the boys would like it but they loved it.

3 Bean Soup
3 cans of beans (I used white, black, and soy)
1 medium onion chopped
1 clove of garlic grated or chopped small
2 cups shredded carrots (I used frozen as I have them on hand)
3-4 quarts of water
favorite stock base or bouillon
olive oil
italian seasoning or similar to add some extra flavor
salt and pepper to taste
sautee garlic and onions in olive oil.
dd carrots if raw otherwise add water and flavoring
Add seasoning, beans, and carrots if not added previously

Cook on medium until all is warm
Serve in a shallow soup bowl  and enjoy.

Make even a week night meal fancy with a simple soup as a side dish. I served my soup with BBQ'd chicken and brussel sprouts (my youngest and my husband both love them) and green beans. 



This post is a compensated post as part of Gigcoin although the recipe is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment