Monday, August 6, 2012

Garden Fresh Dinner : Cabbage Bowls yes Please

I love summer for the garden fresh dinners I can create!
Tonight was a perfect mix of flavors and ease.
Grilled in aluminum foil these cabbage bowls where not only easy but full of flavor

recipe
I started with a medium head of cabbage cut in half. I peeled off a few layers carefully to create the bottom and top of the bowl. I filled the bottom of the "bowl" with chopped onion, zucchini, and tomato. Drizzled olive oil over the pile and sprinkled with herbs.
grilling
I placed the top of the bowl on and wrapped the aluminum foil around the bowl and placed it on a medium heat gas grill for about 20 minutes. 


garden vegetable cabbage bowl
I topped with some crumbled feta cheese and roasted garlic and enjoyed it for dinner

I will be making this again I'm sure especially since both Mike and I enjoyed it. Hope I have enough cabbage in the garden to keep up with the grilling. Happy Grilling!





No comments:

Post a Comment