Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kitchen Science with Salts of the World part 1

salt
A couple of weeks ago I won a collection of Salts of the World during a twitter party. I was pretty excited as I don't win during twitter parties usually.
The package arrived last Friday and has been patiently waiting for us to start using it.
My husband tells me that when I start playing in the kitchen I am like a scientist at work perfecting my next experiment, especially after this summer and all my fermentation fun. When the salts arrived in test tubes we had a good laugh over the forth coming experimenting.

Today I had Pot Roast on the Menu so I took a roast out of the freezer and thawed it for a few hours on the counter and then into the crock pot it went. I seasoned it with The Hawaiian Red , Italian seasoning without salt (good for when you want to play with salt flavors)2 small yellow onions , a a toe of Elephant garlic adding about 2 cups of water and covering it.
As I continued to work on my blogging and social media work for the day, I was continually distracted by this amazing smell coming from the kitchen.
crock pot cooking



I decided to continue the same salt flavor through the rest of the meal using some to season the potatoes for mashed potatoes and a touch to seasoning the gravy, I will also add a pinch to our veggies.
the orange specs on the potatoes is the salt
There are 6 different salts in the rack, so I figure I will share a different recipe for each one.

While I was given the salt rack as a prize during twitter party, this post and the forth coming posts are in no way sponsored and are something I decided to share with Mom Spot readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment