Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Coleslaw with C&H organic agave


If you are like so many, you try and cook healthy options for your family. I am not so different. We eat a lot of veggies and I have cut the salt and the sugar way back. When I was selected as part of Moms Meet to try the new C&H organic agave  nectar I thought it would be a great opportunity to share some new recipes with friends, family, and my blog readers.

We have been blessed with an abundant garden this year and the cabbage is no exception to that... My youngest loves Sesame Cabbage salad but my oldest doesn't. I found out that my oldest really likes coleslaw (especially the KFC coleslaw, which is a special treat on occasion and if I have a coupon...)
Anyway, with several huge cabbage out of the garden I needed a quick recipe to try... I failed to find one and started experimenting... I shredded about 3 cups of cabbage and 1/2 a cup of shredded onion. I added to that 2 Tbsp Light C&H Organic Agave nectar and 1/4 cup milk. Toss the cabbage with the onion and remaining ingredients and lightly salt...  Chill for about 1 hour and serve as a side dish to chicken or fish.  I happen to serve it the first night with BBQ chicken that I also used the C&H agave on. (recipe for that to follow)

The good news! My super picky eater (the oldest) loved it.. I made a small second batch to take with us over the weekend and he had it two additional times and loves it still... Words a mother loves to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment