Sunday, September 11, 2011

#ClearAmerican football inspired lunch for hungry kids

Over the summer we have been enjoying Clear American sparkling flavored water from Walmart.
I love the fact that Clear American has no food coloring and zero calories. The boys love soda style beverages but so often they are full of color and sugar.  Clear American has no food coloring.  I am anxiously looking for the Clear American Naturals that is sweetened with Ste-via rather than the Aspartame, but for now we are thoroughly enjoying the Clear American we have tried so far.

During the week I picked up 48 lbs of peaches along with harvesting tomatoes and zucchini from our garden. I am always looking for something drink and while I tend to splurge on Coke or Diet Coke, I have been reaching for the Clear American more and more, especially since it doesn't have caffiene.  I love the late summer and early fall for harvesting and can't wait to try Clear American in some of my fall recipes.




 This past week Social Fabric had a College Football themed week that inspired my boys. One is an Oregon State Beavers fan and One is a University of Oregon Ducks fan which means we blend lots of Orange and Yellow.  Feeding 2 hungry boys during the harvest season can be hard, especially when they want fancy lunches. Well I think I found the answer this week with Clear American peach floats and jumbo raviolis. The boys call the raviolis football pasta because it is so huge. I picked up everything I needed (except for the peaches) at my local Walmart  on an evening kid free shopping trip. Usually I have the boys with me when I shop but since I was in town at a meeting and didn't have the boys with me, I decided to take advantage of a late night dash to the store to pick up some miscellaneous items including the Clear American. I was amazed at the shelves, usually fully stocked , the selection was limited, but still all the flavors I enjoy where there.




The Peach Clear American has become a staple, actually I think we haven't been at Walmart without picking up at least 2 bottles of Clear American all summer.  This time around I got 10... You never know when you are going to use it, especially with all the awesome recipes I have found this summer.  Some of our favorite flavors include Peach, Lemon, Tangerine Lime, and Fuji Apple Pear.  In the College Football theme, Tangerine Lime has become a necessity to keep the peace in the color war.  Anyway, I warmed up the Ravioli on the stove and mixed up a quick fun Peach Soda for the boys.




Peach Soda Recipe:

Peach flavored Clear American beverage
Vanilla Ice Cream
fresh peaches sliced

scoop 1 or 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream into a glass. Lay sliced fresh peaches on top (hold 1 slice back if you want a garnish). Gently pour Clear American Sparkling beverage over the peaches and ice cream.
Serve with a long spoon and a straw.

Do you have a favorite flavor? Share it on twitter  and follow Clear_American on Twitter as well





Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Biaswhich is a vendor for Cott Beverages Inc., the manufacturer of Clear American® brand beverages. All recipes and opinions within the blog are my own personal look at things.

No comments:

Post a Comment