Thursday, September 1, 2011

The organized coupons

I've said it before I'm not an extreme couponer. I am what I like to call a necessity couponer,  I coupon because I can't afford not to.
small accordian file (not so good)
larger accordian file
That said, I have been in search a system to organize my coupons.  I tried the binder concept and found I fumbled with it too much and it seemed bulky and akward. I did a small accordian file that turned out to be well, small. Next I tr ied a longer accordian fils with more pockets, and that didn't seem to work either. So, this morning I decided to try one more idea....a coupon box.




Creative Memories Mini Power Sort Box
turned coupon sorter box = Success!
I dug out an extra Creative Memories Power Sort Box and 18 divider tabs and went to work.My power sort box is the older style so I don't have the lid for the compartments (I think those would have just gotten in my way).
I stumbled across a a wonderful blog, The Q-tipping Mom, where she shared a set of labels for coupon binders printed on Avery return address labels (Avery # 42895). Since I had a package of labels I printed off a set.  Nathan and I stuck labels to dividers and began resorting and purging expired coupons.

In afternoon we put the box to the test! Walmart.... The box sits perfectly in the child seat of a cart and I left space in the box for my wallet and phone. I think I've found my couponing system. The only thing I need to add is a small notebook for my list (either that or use the list features on my phone)  I even added a tab for restaraunts and used a coupon for pizza.


I have a pile of coupons to cut and sort into the box for the next trip. I think this is going to work really well for me...
For those of you that use the binder system with success I'm glad that works for you... I tried and it didn't work... This system is going to work for me, I think I am even going to make a crocheted carrying bag for it just for something to do...



No comments:

Post a Comment