Monday, October 24, 2011

Sunday Supper: Italian Tomato Chicken with Green beans

I was inspired by a couple of recipes on allrecipes.com , but wanted to put my own spin on it.
1 - 2 lbs chicken breast diced
1 medium onion large chopped
1 - 2 cloves garlic
Fresh basil
2 cups fresh or frozen green beans
5 - 6 italian tomatoes diced
Olive oil
Angel hair pasta

brown the diced with a little olive oil.
set chicken aside (I like to put it in a glass dish and set it in the oven at about 250 to finish cooking)
sweat onions and garlic in olive oil. I decided I didn't want them caramelized for this dish.
add back the chicken and mix together lightly.
add fresh chopped basil (you may also use oregano of thyme if you have fresh) If you don't have fresh add dry basil after you add the tomatoes
Add tomatoes pan.  gently combine the ingredients.
add green beans on top and cover.
simmer on low/ medium  heat while you cook the pasta.

I used angel hair but you could use any noodle.
I boil the water first and salt the water before I add the noodles.
Cook the noodles al dente.

Plate noodles and add the chicken with tomatoes and green beans over the noodles

Serve with parmasean cheese if you like.
Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment