Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Supper: Thanks to AllRecipes.com for this dish

It is Sunday and I've been away most of the weekend at an amazing event, Women of Faith: Over the Top. I am still processing all the wonderful words of wisdom and the awesome friendships formed, more to come about that, however I am home now and still have 2 boys and a wonderful husband to feed. So, whats for dinner? That is where Allrecipes.com came in. I typed turnips and parsnips without pork in the ingrediants search and this recipes came up.


Looked good so off I went to the kitchen to start dinner. I used home canned apple juice from last season and 1/2 cup of Chardonnay that we received the Carlton Walk in the Park this summer. I added red, white, and green onions to the mix of veggies because I had them and my boys liked roasted onions.


This is the main dish tonight. As a side dish I warmed up meatballs (from Costco) in a little of the apple juice/ chardonnay reduction.

This quick and easy dinner was made possible by our local community Gleaners program (I received turnips, parsnips, and rudobaga Thursday before I left for Women of Faith). I am so thankful that I am able to participate in Gleaners here in Yamhill County, it has helped me fill my pantry and freezer with local grown fruits and vegetables.
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment