Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mommies are breakable

On Friday March 2nd, I was working on printing some school work for the boys when I heard Nathan scream. It was the panicked I'm hurt scream, so I immediately got up and went outside to see what the problem was.  He had gotten his hand stuck in the hood of a van that is parked in front of Daddy's shop. I realized what was wrong and began to run, when I heard his pitch change I ran faster afraid he would try and pull his hand out and do serious damage.  As I neared the van I tripped over my own feet and slammed into the van at full speed , the hit the ground , still in motion , I skidded across the gravel.
Nathan was still screaming and now Mommy was too, the pain was crazy. Cameron ran to get Daddy from the shop. He came running and immediately freed Nathan's hand and then came to my side. Cameron got my a pillow and blanket as it was chilly outside so we could take a few moments to assess the situation. 
After about 5 minutes, Mike helped me up and into the house. We tried sitting my on the bed and that didn't work , so we set me up in his recliner with pillows to prop my arm up. 
Since we are students of Christian Science, we began reading and praying to stay focused on God and not on the physical pain. We called Mike's sister who is a practitioner and she gave us some more thoughts to help. After about an hour of working, I was losing my ability to focus as the pain was a strong distraction and we decided to head to the local Hospital. The drive was only about 15 minutes and we continued with our prayers and focus on God as the only cause and creator. 
At the hospital I was admitted to the ER and immediately inundated with questions about how it happened. I told the story through the pain 6 different times as Mike stood faithfully by my side holding my hand to ease the pain , at great pain to him I might add (I can't imagine what was going through his mind as he was standing there listening to the implied tone of the questions). 
I was given a shot to ease the pain and sent the x-ray. Thankfully the x-ray tech was a strong gentlemen who was able to help Mike get me to the machine and then back into bed.
The orthopedic doctor reset my left shoulder while Mike continued to be my strength, constantly at my side. 
Our nurse who had at first seemed distant and cold, warmed up and on several occasions complimented us both for the strength and sincerity of our relationship. 
I am now in recovering mode until I get the ok start Physical Therapy. I am still committed to focusing on God the Great Physician to help me through this, but am grateful for the staff we encountered at Willamette Valley Medical Center and am now seeing that a true Christian Science healing occurred in the minds and hearts of those we worked with at the Hospital, they saw God's love through Mike and my commitment to each other







Isaiah 41:10

King James Version (KJV)
 10Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.



No comments:

Post a Comment