Saturday, March 31, 2012

Scripture Sunday : Passover

As we enter into the Passover and Easter holiday I reflect on the meaning of Passover. While I was raised in a Christian home, I have had a fascination with the Jewish Holy Days.  Several year ago I met Joan Lipis the author of Celebrate Jesus a wonderful book that helped open my eyes to Christ in all the High Holy Days of the Jewish faith. As I study my Bible lesson for the week, I came across several verses, however one verse really stood out for me heading into the holiday season.

Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day; we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
I Thessalonians 5:5
and
Rejoice evermore
I Thessalonians 5:16

Jesus is the light of the world and we are children of that wonderful light. Now because of his sacrifice for use we can rejoice for ever in his resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment