Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mommy Fashion done vintage thanks to eShakti

I was blessed to receive an email inviting me to review for eShakti an online clothing co based in Washington state. Since the co is in Washington I decided to give it a go, besides I haven't had a brand new dress in a long time and with lots of graduation activities as well as a couple summer parties I decided it would be fun.


I narrowed the selection down to 6 different dresses before I should my husband and my youngest son. The boys then helped me narrow it down to the one in all the pictures. I had the length changed to mid calf to give me a little more length and I am so glad I did.
I ordered the dress on May 25th and received the dress on May 30th.  The package arrived in a small DHL envelope and honestly I wasn't sure how a dress to fit me would fit in such a small package, but it did.




As soon as I opened the package I took a quick mirror shot on my phone. My husband and the boys all immediately liked the dress.
I love that it is cotton, unlined, and has side pockets that I can put my phone or camera in and have it handy.
I also love the vintage styling of the dress and I am so glad I had them lengthen the dress to mid calf length.














Cameron got a lesson in photography and took a series of photography of me in the dress. I selected 1 of the pictures and retouched it for a more vintage look and am still loving the dress. Funny thing is I have already selected 2 more dresses, a skirt, and several tops I would love to add to my waredrobe. Thanks to this dress I am feeling a lot better about dressing up and not just hanging out in jeans and a t-shirt all day. Sometimes Mommies need a little help to remember that idea. Nice clothes can be comfortable and functional. 


If you struggle with finding something that fits as much as I do, you have to check out eShakti. Their customizing feature along with a large selection of styles and colors makes this company an answer to this Mommy's search for style and comfort at a realistic price.
I added my own accessories to the dress, a simple pearl bracelet, slip-on white wedge shoes, and a vintage beaded purse that I have had stashed in a collection for years and wanted to use it with something.  eShakti has a line of accessories but since I already had these I decided to just get the dress this time around.

From their website
:eShakti is a unique women’s apparel store online that allows custom changes in the style of the garment – sleeve, neckline, length can all be changed by the customer to her preference.

eShakti’s custom capabilities allow shoppers to easily tailor any item to their specific requirements ensuring a flattering fit and unique look. Built-in online customization tools allow women to modify original fashions to fit their size, shape and personal style. Unlike traditionally-tailored clothing, eShakti’s incredibly quick turnaround time allows customers to receive their custom-made look within a week of ordering!
Many of the pieces available are reminiscent of the past, combining feminine details and dressmaker finishes for today's modern woman. Dresses, skirts, tops, cardigans, jackets and scarves are available in a wide array of fabrics and colors ranging from size 0 to 26W and Custom.

The internet allows us to be extremely customer-centric by enabling the buying to be inter-active. Shakti means power in Sanskrit. eShakti therefore means the power of the Net. We believe the internet empowers customers and helps companies be customer-centered.



Follow eShakti on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest 




I received the dress pictured in exchange for my opinion and review of the company and dress. No other monetary compensation was received. 



No comments:

Post a Comment