Just thought I would share a couple of important things to think about if you are going to use coupons for your shopping.
1. Be Honest! Please don’t copy coupons or print more than allowed.
2. Know your store’s coupon and price matching policy. If possible print a copy off their website and keep it handy when you are shopping.
3. Remember that most store take store coupons first, then manufacturer coupons, followed by double coupons.
4. Many stores will only allow you to get he product free rather than overages. Again, no your store’s policy before you go.
5. Etiquette: Don’t hoard! leave some for other shoppers. If the quantity on the shelf seems low ask someone if there is more in the back and if they offer rain checks.
6. Just because you have a coupon doesn’t make it a good deal! check your price and compare it will store brands.
7. If you find something that is a great deal but isn’t something you use often, consider picking up a couple and donating to your local food bank or favorite charity.
8. Organize your coupons. How many times I’ve come home to realize I had a coupon at home for something in my grocery sack.
9. Reusable grocery sacks are not only great for the environment but many stores offer a credit for bringing your own bag, while it isn’t a lot in my budget every little bit helps.