Monday, April 30, 2012

Menu Plan Monday heading into May


Menu Plan Monday
It is a little later than I usually post our menu plan, but I had the boys help me with the plan this week.
Our goal is to not go grocery shopping this week and use what we have as part of a challenge I am participating in Live Below the Line the premise is to live below the poverty line and eat on only $1.50 a day. Since I have 2 growing boys and a husband that works hard I put a spin on it and decided I would attempt to not grocery shop this week. Of course today we took our pop cans to Winco, I did not have any money with me so we could only spend what we had in bottle returns ($4.10) I purchased 1 package of Turkey hotdogs, 1 package of buns, and 2 Arizona juice cans for the boys, I ended up getting $.29 back. With that in mind our menu is a little weird this week.

Monday: Chili cheese fries  (I am baking french fries and topping with chili and what is left of the block of cheese (about 1/2 cup))  I usually fix chili mac but decided to mix it up a little.

Tuesday: Meatballs in cream sauce. What is left of a bag of Meatballs for our Costco trip 2 months ago in cream sauce (Cream of Mushroom Soup can, 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup of Cream Cheese)

Wednesday: Chef Salad (I bought bagged salad last week on our grocery trip and saved 1 especially for this week. the bag of salad only cost $.99)  I have hard boiled eggs, turkey pepperoni pieces, canned garbanzo beans, and homemade pickled veggies to add to the salad. All are on hand.

Thursday: Hamburgers. I have pre-made hamburger patties in the freezer from our Zaycon order earlier in the year. I am also using buns we got from the local bread giveaway.

Friday: Chicken and Vegetable stew. I am using up frozen vegetables and frozen chicken from last year's Gleaner's as well as our last round of chicken from Zaycon.

Lunches will be simple this week as well.
Monday: leftovers
Tuesday Tomato Soup
Wednesday: Beef wraps (cream cheese, salad, and beef lunch meat)
Thursday: Lentil soup with Turkey Bacon
Friday: Bagel Dos (I picked these up at our local Grocery Outlet for 4/ $1.00 so even if Mike wants 2 it is still a cheap lunch)

No comments:

Post a Comment